It has plenty of room for up 8 adults inside it and there are two separate rooms. The walls are straight and there is 6′ 5″ of headroom at the center.
If you want, you can remove the divider and have just the one large room.
There are two doors and seven windows, which provide easy access and excellent ventilation. When the weather turns bad, all of the fabric and materials used are designed and manufactured using Coleman’s unique “WeatherTec” system – so the tent will keep you dry as a bone in the rain.
- Spacious 8-person, 2-room tent designed for quick assembly, 2011 Model
- Poles come pre-attached to tent, ensuring setup in 1 minute or less
- Exclusive WeatherTec system with thick waterproof walls and welded floor
- 2 doors and 7 windows for full ventilation; removable divider between rooms
- Base measures 14 by 10 feet; center height of 6 feet 5 inches; 1-year warranty
You might suppose that, given the size of this tent, putting it up would be a bit of a chore. It’s certainly a task that is better performed by two people (although it can be done by one person on their own if necessary), simply because of the size of the beast, it’s surprisingly quick and easy to do.
Check out the short video below which shows how this tent can be up in less than 30 seconds!
Admittedly that setup was done by a couple of Coleman employees. It seems fair to suppose that they might have had just a little practice at putting their own tents up.
However, even if you are somewhat slower than these experts, you can see that it’s surprisingly easy and fast to get this baby set up. I’m sure you could manage it in a few minutes at most – which is pretty impressive for such a massive eight person tent!